Friday, July 2, 2010

Tuesday

This is the view from the front windows of the RV in San Fransisco...I really love it here.



In the morning, it was off to the Golden Gate Bridge. I had a book about it that I read to the kids, so they were very excited to see it. Jarrett and I marveled at the engineering.



Riley loved the view, here she is trying to see ships in the bay.



We could just barely see the bay bridge through the fog.



We had to stop to see the statue of Joseph Strauss, the lead engineer. James had seen it in the book and wanted to see it more than the bridge.



After we left, we drove down Lombard St. Riding with Jarrett is always an adventure so this was enough for me to be clutching the Jeep safety bars. The kids loved it, they put their arms up like they were on a roller coaster!



We made it back in time to catch the sunset, I'm going to miss the view.

4 comments:

  1. Eileen, that is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sunset picture is incredible...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I love that picture! I'm amazed with how well my phone camera has worked. Other than the Grand Canyon pictures, all of the pictures on the blog are just from my phone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! We did an art project about the golden gate bridge when we read Around the World in 80 days. We glued crumpled tissue paper on the outline of the bridge, it turned out cool.

    ReplyDelete