Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sunday- Fourth of July

Sunday morning, Jarrett and Riley woke up early to fish. They snuck out of the RV armed with fishing poles and ice cream (fisherman need their nourishment) and set up by the pond. They caught one small fish, Riley's first! Unfortunately, they didn't get any pictures. They came back for breakfast and then we left for Lake Tahoe.

On the road, Riley read James the last of the American Girl Molly books. I bought the set before we left and they have loved them. Riley reads them first and then reads them aloud to James. I'm sad that they don't have any more.



Tahoe has an amazing fireworks display, the largest West of the Mississippi. They were amazingly crowded though. Thousands of people were partying on the beach when we got there and it was only 4:00 p.m. We grabbed some ice cream in town and then got back in to head towards Carson City. We stopped once for a gift for grandma, can you guess what it was, mom?



In Carson City, we found out that there was a carnival going on so we went to check it out. It was lots of fun, a total small town carnival.



Kelly loves the Merry-Go-Round. He had a blast on this.



James decided he liked riding with Kelly because he loved seeing Kelly's excited face.



Riley rode all of the real rides with Jarrett, so I didn't get any pictures of her. She's an adrenaline junkie, she loves the crazy rides.

After the rides, we played some games and then sat on the park lawn to watch the fireworks show. It was a great show, we all loved it.



After that, it was home for bed, all three kids fell asleep while I read them their chapter of Little House, they were exhausted.

6 comments:

  1. And congratulations to Riley too, for her first catch!

    The fireworks look beautiful, your picture is wonderful... I'm never quite quick enough to get a shot like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok... so I've been trying to think of what you might have gotten me in Carson City. I have an idea of a "theme" (being in Nevada and all) but don't have a guess.

    I supposed you'll just have to tell me, so I won't have to wait and wonder until you get back. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, you're not getting it out of me that easily! I'll give you a hint though, it doesn't have as much to do with Nevada as it does with Tahoe.

    That was the only very good picture. I've been really impressed with my phone camera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I 'Heart' small town fairs, did you get a funnelcake?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them too! No funnel cake this time, I was pretty dissapointed. The line was REALLY long!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Long lines mean they are especially good! I waited 30 min for one at an air show, yep it was good.

    ReplyDelete